Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Going Pro

I have a clapper! You know, the slate with the scene info on it that some schlemiel holds in front of the camera just before the director calls for action? Well mine came today.

It is taking all my self control to not run around sticking it in peoples faces and shouting 'action!'

I also got my shotgun microphone today. The guys at Mountain Music were kind enough to kit me out with the right cables and adapters. Tonight after work I'm going to plug it in and see how it sounds!

Altough my equipment is not that great, tecnically I have enough to shoot a digital movie semi-professionally. Camera and Batteries, Microphone and Batteries, Cables, Boom Pole, Editing Suite. At some point I'll need to buy some portable lights and gels, but that's for the future.

This is really coming together!

No comments: